Monday, March 20, 2006

14 Year old dies from OxyContin / Hydrocodone overdose

A 14-year-old boy accused of giving prescription drugs to a 16-year-old who later died of an overdose was arrested Thursday afternoon at his Lake Worth middle school, police said.

The boy is accused of giving the drugs OxyContin and hydrocodone to Richard William Tomerlin and another boy.

As a rule, the names of juvenile criminal suspects are not made public.

Tomerlin spent the night of Jan. 13 at a north Fort Worth apartment complex. When friends could not awaken him the morning of Jan. 14, they called 911. The former Fossil Ridge High School student was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Hospital employees found OxyContin in his pocket.

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 01, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Haley Tomerlin said...

Richard, i give you my blessing forever to be loved by everyone, even me. We all miss you very much. we love you, care for you, and we and your friends love you and miss you.

-Haley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home